BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Bookings confirmed by Away With Dune (hereafter called 'the company') with a third party operator or supplier (hereafter called 'the principle') on behalf of the person making the booking (hereafter called 'the customer') will be bound by the booking conditions of the principle.
- Bookings between the company and the customer for the company's own tour operator products are bound by the following conditions:
- Bookings are valid only after:
- The signed booking form is received together with the appropriate deposit or the company has accepted and authorised a credit card payment given by the customer over the telephone or fax. Credit card charges: 2% for Visa/MasterCard & 3% for American Express.
- The appropriate deposit (minimum £120 per person for destinations in Europe, £160 per person for worldwide destinations) has been paid to the company.
- The booking has been confirmed to the client by the company in writing.
- The balance of the holiday cost shown on the confirmation/invoice must be paid 10 weeks before departure or in the case of a booking being confirmed less than 10 weeks before departure, the total holiday cost is due immediately. If the balance is not paid 8 weeks before, the company reserve the right to cancel the booking, retain the deposit and apply cancellation charges as set out below.
- Any cancellations or changes to the original booking must be notified in writing by the person who signed the original booking form. Cancellation charges as detailed below will apply from the date of receipt of the letter:
Period of notice before departure Cancellation charge as % of total holiday cost More than 56 days Loss of deposit only 29 - 55 days 50% 28 - 22 days 70% 21 - 14 days 90% Less than 14 days 100%
Amendments are charged at £20 per change. Major changes made within 10 weeks of departure may have to be treated as a cancellation and re-booking, incurring cancellation charges as specified.
- The company takes all reasonable steps to ensure that any airlines, flight companies or agents used either in the UK or abroad are reputable. However, the company has no direct control over such organisations or their employees and therefore cannot take responsibility for them or their actions. Charter flight schedules are planned many months in advance and can be subject to change of carrier (airline) and time of departure. Flight timings and carriers given at the time of booking are for guidance only and whilst every effort is made to offer the desired time of departure and airline of your choice, flight companies reserve the right to make changes within the parameters of their terms and conditions. Customers wishing to cancel if such changes are made will be subject to the scale of cancellation charges above.
- Any accommodation booked is for the exclusive use of the customers named on the booking form only.
- The company accepts no responsibility for failure of electricity or water supplies, strikes, the maintenance of properties outside its direct control or extreme weather conditions.
- Although extremely unlikely, the company reserve the right to substitute the accommodation booked for that of a similar or better standard.
- All baggage and personal articles are the customer's responsibility and carried at their own risk.
- In the very unlikely event that circumstances beyond the company's control necessitate the cancellation of your holiday, the company is liable only to re-pay all monies promptly. No compensation will be paid.
- Any costs incurred through loss or damage to the holiday property caused by the customers or the other persons occupying the property without permission will be charged to the lead passenger. Additionally, any stay beyond the contracted period or costs incurred by additional customers not included on the booking will also be charged to the lead passenger.
- In the unlikely event that the customer has cause for complaint during the holiday, the management at the accommodation in the resort should be notified immediately and every effort will be made to rectify the matter as quickly as possible. If the problem cannot be resoved on the spot, the customer should make a written complaint to the company's local representative in the resort and report the matter to the company within 14 days of returning to the UK. Adherence to this procedure is crucial as the company will not accept responsibility for matters that have not been reported to the local agent in the resort.
- Car Hire - the company act only as agents to provide car hire service. The contract for the car hire is with the hire company and signed for by the customer at the time of delivery, whether or not the car is included in an inclusive holiday. No liablility can be accepted by the company for injury or damage, howsoever caused to any persons or property. Customers must satisfy themselves as to rental terms and conditions, insurance and condition of the car before signing their contract with the company.
- Insurance - We insist all our customers have adequate travel insurance which is now a legal requirement. Customers arranging their own insurance must let the company have details of their insurance. We can offer fully inclusive travel insurance, which is specifically designed for the holiday traveller. If the company has provided your insurance, please make sure you read and fully understand the various items, conditions and exclusions contained in the insurance document. If the insurance does not meet your requirements, you may return the certificate within 14 days of the issue date to receive a refund and choose alternative cover, providing that travel has not taken place.
- Passports, visas and driving licenses - for British Citizens, a valid passport (name on passport to correspond with the name on the ticket) is necessary to travel. If you are not British Citizens, you should contact your embassy to find out if a visa is necessary for the holiday you have booked. We are unable to accept responsibility for failure of customers to carry a valid passport, visa or driving license.
By signing the booking form or giving credit card details for payment, the lead passenger accepts these conditions and warrants that he or she is authorised to do so on behalf of all other persons named on the booking form, thus forming a contract between us. This contract is subject to English law and both parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts at all times.